2/25/2013

Dems use misleading gun control ads against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell

Mitch McConnell, who might be in a tough senate race next year, is the early target of ads from gun control groups.  The point is that an assault rifle is the exact same as a semi-automatic hunting rifle.  It fires the same bullets with the same rapidity, doing the exact same damage.
“I am a Vietnam vet and a hunter,” Gary Nutt of Cub Run, Ky., says in the ad. “I only shot my rifle one time this last season. One shot, one deer. But I’d be a pretty bad hunter if I needed an assault rifle to shoot that buck. I support the plan to ban assault weapons and keep ’em out of the wrong hands. Because I know these guns. I know what they can do. The NRA and the gun manufacturers have given a ton of money to Sen. Mitch McConnell. And now he’s blocking reform. Senator, whose side are you on?” . . .
Meanwhile actress Ashley Judd looks like she is running against McConnell:
"My impression is this is something she wants to do, and she is now taking the time to make the contacts she needs to make throughout the state to try and generate commitments of support and in some cases fundraising," Yarmuth said. "She is certainly acting like a candidate, a potential candidate. 
"I think in her own mind ... she has made a decision to run and she's doing the right thing and not ruffling any feathers along the way," he added. . . . . 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is really tiring. The "left" (for want of a better label) is so dishonest, underhanded and patient. The NRA and many, many others have pointed out that those pretend "gun free zones" are a particularly bad idea. And, if you don't put a "good guy" with a gun between a "bad guy" with a gun and our children in school, those children are in grave danger. That said, what will happen if there is another "Sandy Hook" shooting in a "gun free school"? My guess is that the "left" would "double down" on their demands to disarm the whole country and that many more people will be swept up in the emotional wave that Obama and company will "gin up".
It will be said of us that we needed TWO DOSES of that medication to finally bring us to our "common senses"! I can imagine Rebecca Peters making that remark with a smile on her face.

2/25/2013 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home