12/28/2012

Obama campaign promise: "I Am Not Going To Take Your Guns Away"


"I just want to be absolutely clear. Alright,  I don't want any misunderstanding when you all go home and you are talking to your buddies.  'He wants to take your guns away.'
I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in people's lawful right to bear arms. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won't take your handgun away," President Obama said at a campaign event in Lebanon, Virginia in fall of 2008.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger drjim said...

He's lied about everything else, so who was silly enough to believe him about this?

Not I.....

12/28/2012 1:22 PM  
Blogger Chas said...

NRA didn't buy it either. They said he was coming for our guns, and they were ridiculed and abused for it. So, the month after he gets his second term, he comes out for gun control.
Obama was always for gun control, he just couldn't come out of the closet for it until he had secured his second term, because his views were opposed to those of the American people whose votes he needed. He lied to get his second term, and now he can do as he pleases. All we can do about it now is to hope that things change, but I'm sick of this hopey-changey stuff.

12/29/2012 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home