10/05/2012

Note on Jim Lehrer as moderator of the debate

As I just blogged, it appears as if Obama got four minutes more to talk during the debate than Romney did. Even so, I have to say that this was the best debate that I have seen (possibly ever) because it let the two candidates go after each other. Apparently Mr. Lehrer planned things that way.

“Based on what the goal was, I saw it as successful,” Lehrer said in an interview with Politico. “I’ve always said this and finally I had a chance to demonstrate it: The moderator should be seen little and heard even less. It is up to the candidates to ask the follow-up questions and challenge one another.” . . .
Notably, Mr. Lehrer's boss at PBS was unwilling to defend the job that Lehrer did. I suspect that is consistent with so many liberals who blame Lehrer for Obama doing such a bad job. If so (and that occurs despite Obama being given much more time), it just shows PBS's liberal bias.

UPDATE:  Sean Hannity interviews Jim Lehrer about the debate here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin G. Schalz said...

I concur with your observation of the debate, Dr. Lott.

'Twas a nice change of pace to see a moderator actually let the candidates go after themselves, rather than try to alter the debate itself.

If Mr. Lehrer had tried to swing it Obama's way, the Liberals would have found that to be perfectly fair and balanced, yet in this case, Obama did himself in, and no amount of help could have saved him.

10/08/2012 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home