11/22/2011

"Young Scalia carried rifle while riding N.Y. subway"

Some history confirming what I have written about before. From the AP:

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia fondly remembers carrying a rifle around New York City as a boy and says outdoorsmen should attack the idea that guns are only used for crimes. . . .

"The attitude of people associating guns with nothing but crime, that is what has to be changed," Scalia told the audience of about 2,000.

"I grew up at a time when people were not afraid of people with firearms," said Scalia, noting that as a youth in New York City he was part of a rifle team at the military school he attended.

"I used to travel on the subway from Queens to Manhattan with a rifle," he said. "Could you imagine doing that today in New York City?" . . .

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin G. Schalz said...

I recall hearing this story more than once, and it needs repeating every now and again. When I was a young boy, if you didn't have a pocket knife, and a tube of Daisy BB's in your pocket, while at school, you were more than a nerd!

I'd hate to see what would happen to me now if I did that...

11/23/2011 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home