2/12/2011

Political correctness strikes Super bowl ads

How the Hurley ad could offend environmentalists is beyond me. It seems that they give attention to their issue. The sad thing is that Groupon has given into this political correctness.

The ad featured Timothy Hutton, who talks about how the Tibetan culture is in jeopardy. ”But they still whip up an amazing fish curry, and since 200 of us bought at Groupon.com, we’re each getting $30 worth of Tibetan food for just $15…in Chicago.” In other commercials, Cuba Gooding Jr. saves half on a whale-watching expedition, and Elizabeth Hurley pays half for a bikini wax after talking about deforestation in Brazil.

Viewers were offended that Groupon was exploiting and making light of three serious issues. . . .


Here is Hurley's ad.

Here is Timothy Hutton's ad.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Phillip said...

I've noticed that environmentalists are a bunch of uptight jerks with no sense of humor and an overinflated sense of their own importance and of human's impact on the world.

And I apologize for my first comment on your blog being so negative. Unfortunately, your blog is one I find very important, yet so much of what you write about makes me see red. Not your fault, and I appreciate the information you have to give. Thank you.

2/13/2011 1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home