3/03/2010

More on Starbucks letting customers wear guns

28,000 signatures nationwide that oppose Starbucks' policy to serve customers who wear guns? Is that it? Just 28,000 nationally?

SEATTTLE (AP) — Coffee chain Starbucks said Wednesday it's sticking to its policy of letting customers carry guns where it's legal and is asking not to be put in the middle of a larger gun-control debate.
The company's statement, issued Wednesday, stems from recent campaign by some gun owners, who have walked into Starbucks (SBUX) and other businesses to test state laws that allow gun owners to carry weapons openly in public places.
Now, gun control advocates are protesting the policy. The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, launched a petition drive demanding that the company "offer espresso shots, not gunshots" and declare its coffeehouses "gun-free zones." And Wednesday, that group planned to deliver 28,000 signatures to the coffee giant's headquarters in Seattle. . . .

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Starbucks just earned some more of my business. I normally tend to give my business to the locally owned shops. It isn't that I felt that Starbucks coffee was deficient in any way. I just wanted to support my locally owned businesses, owning my own business, myself. I will make it a point to drop in there today and express my gratitude!

3/04/2010 12:25 PM  
Blogger Raven Lunatic said...

I wonder how many people we could get nation wide to sign a statement thanking Starbucks for honoring our rights and helping us keep everybody safer?

3/04/2010 3:10 PM  
Blogger OldeForce said...

Just left them a "thank you" email. And suggested a copy of your book at each store, just in case any of the 28,000 want to be enlightened.

3/05/2010 2:47 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Thanks, OldeForce. I appreciate the thought.

3/05/2010 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home