3/29/2008

Quandry: UCLA or Xavier for NCAA?

The match up between UCLA and Xavier presents something of a quandary for me, a quandary that I am sure that few others face. I have all my degrees from UCLA, but I know from past research how much a good performance in something like the NCAA tournament helps out schools, both in terms of the quality of students and fund raising. A small private school such as Xavier or Davidson would benefit much, much more from winning these games than a large state university. Given how hard it is for small private universities to compete against government subsidized public universities, I guess that I am going to root for Xavier and Davidson. Well, it should be fun starting at 6:40 PM EDT today.

UPDATE: Well, it was never really a close game. UCLA was ahead by seven points at the half and never looked back, winning by almost 20 points. I was hoping that it would have been closer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home