2/19/2008

Clinton has election eve conversion on hunting

WIth elections near so many politicians start to come out in favor of hunting, even in Democratic primaries. Now it is Hillary Clinton's turn:

WAUSAU, WIS. -- At a campaign stop this afternoon, Hillary Clinton’s focus was on the economy and health care but some in the crowd had other things on their minds. Clinton was asked to discuss gun control which prompted Clinton to talk about her days holding a rifle in the cold, shallow waters in backwoods Arkansas.

“I’ve hunted. My father taught me how to hunt. I went duck hunting in Arkansas. I remember standing in that cold water, so cold, at first light. I was with a bunch of my friends, all men. The sun’s up, the ducks are flying and they are playing a trick on me. They said, ‘we’re not going to shoot, you shoot.’ They wanted to embarrass me. The pressure was on. So I shot, and I shot a banded duck and they were surprised as I was,” Clinton said drawing laughter from the crowd. . . .


Emphasis added by me to the word "rifle" in the text. Does Hillary know the difference between a shotgun and a rifle? Does she realize how hard it is to shot a duck with a rifle and to even do it on one's first shot? I doubt it.

Thanks to Ben Zycker for the link.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

She went duck hunting with a rifle ?

Me thinks yet another reporter that doesn't have a clue about guns and hunting.

Of course I wouldn't put it past Hillary to be lying through her teeth. Again.

2/19/2008 5:32 PM  
Blogger TheBronze said...

I call bullsh*t on Hillary EVER picking up a gun and going hunting.

She's just another in a long line of pols getting "religion" when it's election time.

2/19/2008 10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conservative (noun): what a liberal pretends to be in order to get elected.

2/19/2008 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmost girls wouldn't know the difference between a shotgun or rifle; isn't a shotgun just a smaller version of a rifle? Both have a longer barrels than a handgun. Probably just goes to show that she like most women isn't a frequent hunter, and would rather hunt in men's company.

4/13/2008 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home