8/12/2007

Freedomnomics on C-SPAN this Weekend

This Sunday, August 12, at 11:00 AM EDT; Sunday, August 12, at midnight EDT; and Saturday, August 18, at 7:00 PM EDT C-SPAN 2's Booknotes will have a presentation on my new book. The discussion each time will last an hour.

My appearance on CSPAN 2's Booknotes seems to have engendered some reaction:

On the positive side you can find this: "I almost forgot to mention that John will discuss his terrific book, Freedomnomics, on C-SPAN at 11:00 am EDT. The interview repeats at midnight and the booktv site has the full schedule for subsequent replays.

Go see it, the book is wonderfully ingenious, clearly written, and the balance of evidence and analysis makes John one of the formidable economists in the public policy arena."


On the negative side you can find this: "John Lott is scary. He's on CSPAN2 right now, giving talk on his book. What's scary about the guy is that he has no concept of the idea that human beings might be less than rational in the way they go about making life decisions. He really thinks everybody is hyper-rational. And, he's the chief economist for the US Sentencing Committee." I did put in a reply to his post on his website. It will be interesting to see if he has any response. Update: Well, there wasn't a substantive response, just some name calling.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caught you on C-span today. Great talk! Who knew economics could be so interesting and valuable. Heard talk yesterday about "the Chicago School" on C-span. Will buy your book and the other book. I already have "More guns, less crime"and "The Bias against Guns" both autographed by you when you were in Cincinnati a couple of years ago. Thanks for the info &entertainment. Mike

8/12/2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Thanks, Mike. I will be coming to Cincinnati again this fall (I believe on October 5th and 6th) and hopefully I will be doing another book signing on the new book at that time.

8/12/2007 3:18 PM  
Blogger Gary Carson said...

Actually, John, I did make a response.

I don't know what you mean by name calling, I didn't respond to the comments until a few minutes ago. I hadn't even read your comment until this evening, I was busy with some other stuff this weekend and hadn't checked on my blog.

8/20/2007 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home