5/21/2006

Gore's entourage takes five cars a few blocks at Cannes

I was just listening to the news on the radio (WABC), and they were saying that Gore apparently woulld have saved time if he had simply walked the few blocks from his hotel to where his film was showing at Cannes. The funny thing to me wasn't that he would have saved time, but that his film is about global warming and here he is taking cars a very short distance when the cars take longer than simply walking. My question is: why Gore was only kidded for taking the slowest way to get to the showing? Why not kid him on the global warming issue?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been trying to find independent verification of this. Matt Drudge had a statement on his web page that made this claim also. Of course Al Gore's crew denies it and claims they walked to the festival. I've searched the web high and low and can't find any photos or other reports to support the calim that they drove 500 yards. I wold love for it to be true as it would further point out the hypocrisy of Gore and the "sky is falling" crowd. Any help in nailing this down would be appreciated. I need it to back down the local liberals in my office.

5/23/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger John Lott said...

Well, I heard it on WABC radio news this past Sunday. I assume that if you called up WABC, they should be able to confirm that they reported this on Sunday. Where they got it from, I couldn't tell you.

5/23/2006 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reuters has a report of the same.

http://in.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2006-05-22T232359Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONC_0_India-250545-1.xml

5/25/2006 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home